Cheery cherry goodness!So guess what happened to me! On Wednesday I officially became the owner of a beautiful new Thermomix! I can't even tell you how much I love it.
Along with trying to find recipes to fuel my Thermomix passion, I am also trying hard to reduce food wastage around this place. So these cherry friends used up my excess cherries perfectly.
My only drama was I didn't have any almond meal, as the original recipe called for, so I used oatmeal and desiccated coconut instead. The result was coconut awesomeness.
In an effort to maintain full disclosure, I haven't actually ever eaten a friand before so I have no idea what they are supposed to taste like, but in my humble opinion these were scrumptious!
Coconut Cherry Friands
Recipe Source: I kinda read a bunch of recipes and made it up.
Weight Watchers Pro Points: 7 per friand
- 60g rolled oats
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar (240g)
- 1/2 cup plain flour (75g)
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 6 egg whites, beaten lightly
- 120ml olive oil (90g)
- 250g fresh cherries, halved and seeded
- Preheat ove to 180 degrees celcius (fan forced). Grease or line 12 friand pans or a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Place rolled oats and coconut in the thermomix bowl and pulverise until you reach an almond meal like consistency. Alternatively use a food processor then pop in a bowl.
- Place butterfly in Thermomix bowl (if using). Add flour and icing sugar and mix (on speed 3) until combined (about 15 seconds).
- Add butter and egg whites and stir using the wooden spoon setting (or an actual wooden spoon!), until just combined (about 10-15 rotations).
- Spoon mixture into prepared pans. Top with cherries. Bake, uncovered for 25 mins. Stand for 5 mins then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
NotesThese freeze really well. You could easily replace the coconut or oats or both with almond meal (which will not require pulverising) for a more authentic recipe.
Thermomixes seriously rock!!
Also, just for the record, I've gone off Weight Watchers and exercise (shame on me, I know!) until after Christmas… in fact I've been off it for longer than I'd care to admit. I've decided that getting fit and fabulous is going to be my New Years Resolution.
One more thing - I'm now, finally, a fully qualified bookkeeper. Woo hop!!!!