Unfortunately I don't have a photo, everyone hacked into it before I could get my camera out.
Aunty Helen's Apple Cake
Cooking time: 1 hour
Yield: Serves 4
Difficulty: EasySource: Mum's Personal Cookbook
- 2 large green apples, peeled, cored and sliced finely
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g margarine
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced. Grease and line a small, round cake tin.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 50 mins, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for five minutes or so in the tin to cool slightly then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve alone or with whipped cream.
Verdict: I love it. Mr Mitch loves it. Master Ryan loves it. Everyone at work loves it. YOU will love it!
The measurements in this recipe are based on Australian Standard Measure. 1 cup = 250ml, 1 tbs = 20ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml. Oven temperatures are based on degrees celcius in a fan forced oven.